Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Saturday 12 October 2019

Review: Camp Lake by John A. Heldt 5 of 5 stars

Camp Lake Camp Lake by John A. Heldt
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Carson siblings are in Phoenix in 1983 and they are in the last timeframe they believe they will find their parents before the need to go back to the present day with their families. Adam and Greg have remained in Arizona with their families, Natalie is using their scarce resources to search the country for leads and Cosy and Caitlin have travelled to jobs they have secures in a summer camp in Maine, which is where their parents met. Life then gets complicated as tragedy strikes as one of the family is injured trying to prevent a possible drowning of a student at the camp. This is the last cook in the Carson Chronicles series of books detailing their various adventures of the time-travelling siblings - can they find their parents before they have to leave?

Wow - so many events and details in this book. There were constant twists and turns which left you with lots of what-if scenarios, that to be honest I almost never got right! As always the author had done a great deal of background work so that the timelines and events were accurately depicted. I loved the characters who felt real so that I felt quite sad to realise this is the end of the series. Well written and very enjoyable.

Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment