Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Sunday 10 September 2017

Review: Rocking Standby by Cassandra Lawson 4 of 5 stars

Rocking Standby Rocking Standby by Cassandra Lawson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Gage is a up and coming rock star and is on standby trying to get to his mother who seems to be in a panic about something. I'm sat next to someone sweet but then find out she is deceitful and a gold digger. Bentley lost the phone number of the sweet guy she met on the flight and she was considering going out with him but she was so wrong - he's a lead guitarist of a rock group (and she doesn't date musicians) plus when they meet by chance calls her a gold digging whore! OMG - he might be hot as hell but no way is she going near him now.

This story had a fair few twists and turns in the path to true love. The addition of the supporting characters from family and the band added to the story and gave it some character. There was a lot of hot sex and passion mixed into the story which added some life to it. I did understand her reticence particularly after the way they met and the reaction the next time they saw each other. However I felt it went on a little too long and it became irritating in the end (hence the loss of one star). Generally the book is well written and I could feel and empathise with many of the thoughts, fears and emotions experienced by the characters.

Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment