Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Tuesday 30 July 2019

Review: Eyes of Ice by J.C. Andrijeski 5 of 5 stars

Eyes of Ice Eyes of Ice by J.C. Andrijeski
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Nick is pulled into the world of underground boxing to help solve a case where they drain vampires for their blood and venom before extracting their heart and tossing them outside of the safety of the dome. He might still be suspended but that doesn't stop him from getting involved now reassure his girlfriend who now believes he has a death wish - especially as he does everything he can to avoid talking to her about whatever it is that is happening between them. Can Nick survive the ring and can he keep his relationship at arm's length?

This was a very dramatic instalment of the series with sections of graphic violence and sexual content in places. In this book we see Nick doing what he does best - going all in trying to find out who is behind the vampire harvesting/killing even if it puts himself in mortal danger. He also sticks true to form and doesn't handle relationships very well which was maddening to the point I could have throttled him at times!! Well written and easy to understand the thoughts and emotions that the characters were experiencing (even if I didn't always agree with them). If I had the chance to give Nick a message through the pages, it would be to stop being a dick and see what he has. Definitely recommended.

Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment