Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Friday 14 April 2017

Review: A Curiosity of the Solar System by Ian Antony 5 of 5 stars

A Curiosity of the Solar System A Curiosity of the Solar System by Ian Antony
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Captain Ivor Hooke is a quite likeable if naive office in the British Army who has been sent through space on a diplomatic mission to a far flung corner of the British Empire. During that mission he will find himself in a city that is suspended above clouds, get caught up in a rebellion meet strange people and find out more about himself.

This was a great book that merged the world in the 1850's with colonisation and spaceflight. Somewhere in all of that was a story about the nature of people, the way they interact with each other, and even a bit of a love story. It was well written and I could feel and empathise with all the events, emotions and frustrations experienced by the characters in the story. It had some twists in the story as events occurred and developed to the characters in the story. I won't give the ending away and will just say I was heartbroken at the ending and really hope things improve as the story develops.

Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment