Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Tuesday 14 December 2021

Review: Blood Instincts by Marie Lavender 4 of 5 stars

Blood Instincts









Blood Instincts by Marie Lavender
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Myah Sullivan suddenly finds her whole life and future changed when she discovers that she is not entirely human and the world also contains what are described as Others who are dangerous supernatural creatures. Vampire Oliver King tries to show her everything and how to survive as she starts to learn about her own past. The question is can Myah handle this new reality and take on the role she was born to fulfil?

This is a charming story that definitely towards the end tugs at the heartstrings as you are by then fully invested in the characters and what is happening. I found some of Myah's doubts more than a little irritating and at one point I could feel myself shouting at her in my head so I was glad when towards the end she started to really understand everything and her own heart. I loved the way the various races were explained although I hope in later books of the series they are expanded and given more detail as I'm sure there was a lot more to each of them. An enjoyable read if you can get past irritation at Myah.

Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment