Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Sunday 5 May 2019

Review: Evidence in the Echinacea by Dale Mayer 5 of 5 stars

Evidence in the Echinacea Evidence in the Echinacea by Dale Mayer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Divorcee Doreen and her animals (Mugs, the basset hound; Goliath, the Maine coon cat, and Thaddeus, the far-too-talkative African grey parrot) just want to be left alone for a while so she can concentrate on getting the valuable antiques in the house to the auction house, her developing friendships with Corporal Mack Moreau and Penny (her first female friend in the area). However, she finds herself unable to ignore an accusation about Penny’s late husband George’s death she decides it won't hurt to just look into it. Suddenly Doreen seems to be juggling a cold case, a closed case, and a possible mercy killing. Mack should be used to Doreen’s antics by now when she dives into yet another of his cases but it’s becoming increasingly hard to take.

Wow - Doreen sure likes to complicate her life. I don't know how she manages to do the gardening, the house clearance, the investigation of murders and keep her sanity - if it was me I think I would have been overloaded with work to do and things to learn. This superwoman does appear to have her priorities slightly wrong and really needs to now work on finding the important paperwork as well as resolve her own sleeping arrangements which seem bizarrely uncomfortable (for goodness sake woman buy a bed!). This book as once again educated me about some plants as well as a few gardening techniques. Well written and highly addictive I really enjoyed this book which had Doreen in the thick of the action again.

Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment