Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Wednesday 8 March 2017

Review: Waking the Dead by D.B. Sieders 5 of 5 stars

Waking the Dead Waking the Dead by D.B. Sieders
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I voluntarily reviewed this advanced reader copy and I have not been compensated in any way.

Vivian Bedford had a chance encounter with a dying stranger and it opens an empathic connection between her and the world of spirits. She ends up caught between the grim reaper Lazarus Darkmore and a guardian spirit Ezra and his apprentice Zeke - plus both sides want her to work for them. However Vivian has the ability to channel energy from the living and if she can control it it will give her leverage over both sides and be able to stay independent - especially as she needs to find a way to protect her disabled sister Mae who has become a target of both sides due to her stored energy. She just needs to be able to control and handle all the players and power.

I loved this story - it was a clever plot and story which I found fascinating. It was well written and there were plenty of twists and turns in the story to keep your interest. Vivian was a strong woman and it was nice to read a story with such a strong woman in the centre of all the action.

Buy from Amazon

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the wonderful review! I'm glad you enjoyed the story!

    ReplyDelete