Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Tuesday 14 March 2017

Review: Chronicles of Magic: A Paranormal Magic Boxed Set by K.N. Lee 5 of 5 stars

Chronicles of Magic: A Paranormal Magic Boxed Set Chronicles of Magic: A Paranormal Magic Boxed Set by K.N. Lee
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I voluntarily reviewed this book and I have not been compensated in any way.

This book contains 10 stories - some full and some novellas that are either magical or paranormal in some way. Overall the book is a great bargain and contains some really good stories - I only found one that I didn't enjoy.

Full Moon Falling - Calinda B
Kara Falko needs to decide on the future - can she save Ace Diamante and save existence? Can she shoot her fiance in the chest to save her own life?

I LOVED this story - it was well written and I loved the twists and turns in the story. Right until the end I had no idea how it was going to finish.

Mirror Mirror - Susan Stec
A story of a sadistic psychopath and a mirror obsession.

I really didn't enjoy this story and just never really understood what was going on half of the time. You might want to skip this one as I felt it brings down the entire collection of books.

Barely Magic - Catherine Vale
Angela Mason works for the Order of Protection, and Cole Avery is a mercenary brought in to help find a missing person.

I LOVED this story - it was well written and kept me dying to know what was going to happen next.

Love Voodoo - Alyssa Breck
Vampire Luca is attracted to Collette after she does a tarot card reading for him. However she is a human - problem is she seems to be the only person who can save him from himself.

I really enjoyed this story. It had a good plot and was well written. It also had some nice details about the characters that made them very real. There was drama at the end and it made for a good finish to the story.

Voodoo & Fate - Tamsin Baker
Chanti is a voodoo priestess and also a healer. After a simple request from a friend can she cope with the draw to a werewolf that she seems unable to resist?

Wow - LOVED this story. The story had plenty of twists and turns and a kick ass voodoo practitioner at the centre of it. It was well written and I was completely swept away by the story and what would happen next.

Shadows - RaeAnne Hadley
Tabitha Reynolds feels a shiver up her spine when near Shadow Demons. She is also alone because her family died when she was younger and she is so terrorised by the demons (that caused their deaths) that she avoids people and relationships (especially after they killed her first boyfriend too). Justin Murphy has a similar story as he is all alone after his family were killed. He can also see them but has made it his life's work to find a way to kill them. After a chance encounter they meet and discover that they are not unique as there is someone else who can see them too.

An intriguing tale of demons and special abilities which I really liked and thought it was a clever story well written - I just need to look for the next book in the series as I HAVE to know what happens next.

Darken - Angela Fristoe
Gavin walker is reeling from the death of his fiancee two years ago. His is now working with his late fiancee's best friend Coraline Evan's which is making it harder but Cora is now trying to keep him alive even if it negatively affects her.

This story had lots of dark actions with dodgy motives in the world of scientific experiments. It was well written and a nice story to read with a few twists and turns to add to the mix.

Demon of Envy - Jennifer Lynne
Thor has been given a second chance as a human and hopes to find redemption so he can get back to where he should be - but can he manage it?

This was a lovely little story about envy and what it can do to you. It was well written and I really wanted them both to be able to have a HEA. Contains adult scenes.

The last of the Jinn - K.N.Lee
Trust no one - not even the man you created - is the lesson the goddess Malah learns in this story.

This was a dramatic story of love and loss. It was well written and I could feel her pain and despair as she went through all those events in her life.

Slow Burn - Amy Lee Burgess
Duke is a firefighter who can control fire and Erin is a banshee. Can he handle her when she has visions of violent deaths?

This is a lovely story about two people with special skills merged into a story of love. I liked the real feeling to all the characters and relationships between them

Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment