Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Friday 17 August 2018

Review: In Black We Trust: A Quentin Black Paranormal Mystery by JC Andrijeski 5 of 5 stars

In Black We Trust: A Quentin Black Paranormal Mystery In Black We Trust: A Quentin Black Paranormal Mystery by JC Andrijeski
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Quentin Black is a psychic detective and together with his wife Miri they find themselves on the run from all the US government departments he used to work with as a coup is underway. So they are forced to flee the country as they try to work out who is behind this coup and make deals with their own enemy - vampires. When they return to Washington DC and the centre of the conspiracy Black starts to realise that he somehow needs to stop the architect repeating history in a really bad way. Can Black do anything to fix things?

Wow - this story was just full of intrigue, drama, action and passion. I loved the way this book pulled together so many elements that anyone who has read the Bridge and Sword World by the same author will recognise some characters, some mannerisms and some parts of the story (although reading it is NOT a prerequisite). The person behind the coup and their aims were a complete surprise that I didn't quite pick up, and it left a lot of questions that I'll need to wait for the next book in this series to tell me answers to. Well written and packed with twists and turns, this was a really enjoyable read.

Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment