Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Wednesday 8 August 2018

Review: The Vexation of Vampires by Chrys Cymri 5 of 5 stars

The Vexation of Vampires The Vexation of Vampires by Chrys Cymri
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Penny comes to the end of her time in Lloegyr so has to renew her life as the village priest back in England while still being the liaison between the two countries. Clyde is with her and he needs to heal from the wounds he willingly received while they all get used to her new deacon who is also a vampire. Then of course she needs to talk to Peter to make some decisions before their wedding. However she has some major distractions from Lloegyr - Raven is still not right, there seems to be a camp fr snail sharks in the back garden, the UK government wants her to work out why vampires are trying to migrate to England and she still has not had the discussion with Peter. Can she cope with everything or will something have to give?

I loved this story. It had so many parallels with the world we currently live in - prejudice, refugees, protectionism, overreactions to name just a few. Maybe this book could be suggested reading for politicians? As for the situation between Penny and Peter - it's on track to be the way I've really wanted it to be (and that is all I'm going to say). The writing was to a good standard and everything was clear and easy to understand. I loved the way that the characters felt real (they were not perfect and had flaws) and had their own unique personality. I even found a few parts of it funny so expect to be surprised at times too.

Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment