Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Sunday 12 August 2018

Review: The Illumination Query by Sarah Baethge 3 of 5 stars

The Illumination Query The Illumination Query by Sarah Baethge
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Ronald Carpenter is a zookeeper and is struggling to find some escaped creatures when a mysterious and secretive company called Eclipse however it then becomes clear that they use nefarious means and so he struggles with his conscience when they offer him a job earning more money - can he leave the job he loves and helps then to do something he feels is wrong? Nigel Hunter has a theory on how to give people the move amazing movement capabilities so Eclipse agree to repeating his experiment on himself in the lab however it has a dreadful effect of them taking him a prisoner and keeping him in the lab with the other test subjects. So when Roger and Nigel are pit against each other which one of them is going to win?

Wow this is a very dark science fiction story that certainly challenges the reader to suspend what they believe is normal. I liked the story but I did find the format of it being like a series of notes more than a little irritating as I got further through the story. I feel it would probably work better as a physical book and not as an e-book - I just struggled to cope with the different formats, the notes, the comments about not being a writing - they got a bit tiring towards the end. Well written and easy to understand even though I found it a bit strange.

Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment