Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Wednesday 9 August 2017

Review: The Harker Trilogy: Books 1-3 by Erin Hayes 5 of 5 stars

The Harker Trilogy: Books 1-3: Damned if I Do, Damned if I Don't, Damned Either Way The Harker Trilogy: Books 1-3: Damned if I Do, Damned if I Don't, Damned Either Way by Erin Hayes
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Damned if I do
Evie grew up in a family that hunted supernaturals but she wasn't directly involved so she didn't believe in a lot of things - however when her and her sister are attacked by Vampires it means her sister is killed and Evie has been infected. Now she has to take over from her sister while she herself is dying. She is determined to find the vampire who killed her sister with the help of a vampire with amnesia called Jude. Can she do everything she needs to do before she runs out of time?

I LOVED this story. It had the right mix of drama, mystery and romance. Just when it felt that everything was going to be there was a twist in the story and everything changed.

Damned if I don't
Evie seems to have messed up the chance to not only cure vampirism but also herself. Add to that her cousin Carl is no longer talking to her, her sister's killer Anthony is still at large and Jude has confessed that he loves her. Scarily he might be a vampire but Evie is in love with him too - problem is as Jude rediscovers his past there is a risk that both Evie and Jude will be torn apart. Add to that the little problem of having to find a new Progenitor while the old one is in hiding and life is just peachy.

Wow - so much drama and excitement even if it is tinged with a large dose of sadness. There was so much happening here and the story was developing at a fast pace - I found myself reading it faster and faster as I was caught up with the story. OMG - I have to wait for the next book to be written now.

Damned either way
The vampire Antony who killed my sister and her husband is currently in control of everything and I have nothing in comparison. I can't find my niece Amelia, Jude has run away to surrender the the hunger that is taking control of all the vampires across the world, and I'm no longer the Harker so can't fix any of it. Can I find the courage to take the one last chance I have left to save us all?

Oh WOW. This is the last book in the Harker Trilogy and has everything looking hopeless before building up slowly to pull the threads together into a dramatic finale that then leaves you feeling both relieved and heartbroken. Thank goodness for the Epilogue is all I can say about that!! I loved the story which was well written and everything was clear and easy to understand. I could feel all the emotions involved and was really routing for them to succeed in the story.

Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment