Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Thursday 31 August 2017

Review: Terrors That Tingle by Wesley Thomas 5 of 5 stars

Terrors That Tingle: A collection of short horror storiesTerrors That Tingle: A collection of short horror stories by Wesley Thomas

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


A great collection of scary short stories that sometimes make you think "Could that happen?". The writing was very good and at times a joy to read as I felt it was of a higher standard that many other authors. I'm really not into this genre of book but his writing is so good I really enjoy the stories , so give it a try.

The Message - a writer lives in a remote location enjoying the solitude.
Great descriptions to set the scene and a great twist at the end. Loved it.

The Doll Maker - a tale of a gifted doll maker.
Good story, well told, and I loved the ending.

The Stairs - two cousins go on an adventure with surprising results.
Great story, well told with a surprise ending. I'm convinced this is the only story I've ever read that used the word "Discombobulated"

Stage Fright - the tale of a young man and his audition for a part in the play on the stage.
Good story of what happened. Great level of detail describing the scene, thoughts and feelings being experienced.

Dementia - the story of an old lady with dementia.
Great twist in the story at the end that bizarrely made me smile.

Boxed - a visit to a hotel goes spectacularly wrong.
Wow - now that definitely fed into most people's secret fears. Well told and very easy to imagine yourself in their position.

The Bar - Brad is determined to visit an invitation only bar.
Well that definitely wasn't what he (nor I) expected. Story contains bad language if you are sensitive to that.

Revelation - a mother reveals something disturbing from her past to her son.
Didn't see that ending coming.

In the Basement - a young boy discovers something in the basement.
Nice story - almost makes you wish it was true in some ways.

Bloody Baby - a tale of a very disturbed young man.
Wow - it was definitely disturbing.

Intruder Alert - Cassie battles with an intruder in her house with an unexpected end.
Interesting. Quite sad really.

Marnie - Marnie sits at home during a storm and has an intuition something is going to happen.
Lots of suspense in this short mystery.

Waxy Nightmares - a wax museum becomes a mystery.
I enjoyed this one which was quite interesting.

Horror Goggles - Paul is excited to go to a new VR experience in town to try it out with unpredictable consequences.
Good story which can definitely be imagined as real one day.

Helicopter Ride - a helicopter trip up a mountain has an unexpected result.
Wow - I think I'll stay on the ground down here.

Scarecrow, scarecrow - do you find scarecrows frightening? So does Greta.
Formidophobia has never been so real.

Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment