Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Friday 21 February 2020

Review: Black Hawaii: A Quentin Black Paranormal Mystery Romance by JC Andrijeski 5 of 5 stars

Black Hawaii: A Quentin Black Paranormal Mystery Romance Black Hawaii: A Quentin Black Paranormal Mystery Romance by JC Andrijeski
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

All Miri wanted was a vacation so they could spend some time together - especially after Black's recent transformation and Miri getting rid of some of the evil in the world (including her uncle Charles). But the time in Hawaii is not going as she planned - especially when within the first full day a part alien body washes up on the beach. An old friend of Black's asks them to investigate and they feel they have to even though they also have to contend with the paparazzi which stops them blending in with the other wealthy guests. Everything escalates when some turn up alive as they discover something much more sinister at work with Miri in the crosshairs. Can they find a solution and come out of this without a PR disaster?

This was a great story in the series that investigated the difficulties that Quentin Black was experiencing after his transformation in the previous book as well as the fallout from Miri's actions with her uncle Charles. I loved the twist near the end of the story when it appeared that Charles had brainwashed people into believing the opposite of the truth and Black's final solution was a masterstroke - I just wonder what the fallout will be in the next book and it that will cause the seers to leave in this series just like they did at the end of the Bridge and Sword series. I won't spoil the surprise but it will cause you to gasp and wonder if he has lost his mind. Well written and very enjoyable I couldn't put it down until I had finished it (although I had felt bereft at the fact that it was complete too). You do not need to have read the previous books in the series but you will enjoy it far more if you have as you will understand the backstory.

Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment