Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Tuesday 31 January 2017

Review: Mark the Dwarf by Jack D. Harvey 3 of 5 stars

Mark the Dwarf Mark the Dwarf by Jack D. Harvey
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book and I have not been compensated in any way.

Mark is a dwarf who goes bowling to celebrate his birthday and ends up on a platform in the middle of nowhere. He then meets clowns from space that he goes on a mission with to switch evil for good. Mark has lots of adventures through time and space meeting lots of dangerous beings before being reborn and returned better and stronger than when he left.

This was a cleverly written but crazy story that at times made me feel almost dizzy with the weird things I was reading about. This would probably appeal to anyone that enjoys books in a similar genre to those by Terry Pratchett- only a more adult version. It was well written albeit a bit chaotic in places. It has lots of references to history or books that are done at a high level so you need to join the dots in your head sometimes to fully get them (so this wouldn't work as a YA book due to language and explicit descriptions). It has a lot of humour but also goes from quantum physics to genetics to linguistics so you are never going to get bored.

View all my reviews

Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment