Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Saturday 21 January 2017

Review: The Helper by M N Snow 5 of 5 stars

The Helper The Helper by M N Snow
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I voluntarily reviewed this copy and I have not been compensated in any way.

Marine veteran John Sloan has a secret - he has this healing light that appears when he finds people that need some kind of emotional help. Then his world is rocked when he loses the light within him and ends up alone and in desperate need of help himself. His lifelong friend Dusty Hakalla is a career Marine and is also a mixed-blood Ojibwe - he has the same amazing secret even though it has been misused in the past. Deena Morrison was adopted as a child is also a Helper and is John's girlfriend. She flees John to go and find her birth mother but also has another secret,

This book looks at their relationships, the intersections between the characters and their talent as a Helper.

This book started a bit slow as the characters were introduced and the relationships and connections were described, but as it got further through the story and deeper into the interactions between the characters, it started to move faster and become more addictive. I loved the ending and the concept of these people who can help those emotionally in need. If only that were really possible in real life. The book was well written, the emotions well described and the story well organised.

View all my reviews

Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment