Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Sunday 1 January 2017

Review: The Mine by John A. Heldt 5 of 5 stars

The Mine The Mine by John A. Heldt
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book.

In 2000 Joel Smith is an adventurous college senior who, just days before his last piece of work has to be handed in, is curious and enters an abandoned mine wondering what it's like in there. When he emerges from it, he discovers it is 1941, his cell phone no longer works and his money is no help to him whatsoever. He has to use his wits to get by and in the process meets new friends, gets a job, and witnesses history as it was then (a time when WWII was soon to start).

Joel has to handle living through a time in history without giving away the result, meeting his grandmother as a peer, and meeting a woman who turns out to be the love of his life. When he gets the opportunity to travel back to his own time, will he stay with her and affect time, or will he go back so that everything happens as it already has?

This was a lovely book that should be a salutary lesson to us all - think about the impact of what you do or say. I liked the way the story was told and the descriptions of the people, events and emotions involved in the story. I also liked the inclusion of areas where the war affected real people with real lives. I liked the ending of the story.


View all my reviews

Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment