Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Tuesday 17 January 2017

Review: Aether Rising by Cecilia Dominic 4 of 5 stars

Aether Rising Aether Rising by Cecilia Dominic
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I voluntarily reviewed this advanced reader copy and I have not been compensated in any way.

Louisa Cobb has a unique gift - no one can lie to her. Her stepfather Parnaby Cobb uses her unashamedly to gain the upper hand in business. However when he tries to trap her she has a dilemma - let Patrick O’Connell free and be cut off without a penny, or report accurately and try to ignore the Irish tinkerer who stole a kiss (and her heart) some years ago. Patrick has been captured and is struggling to lie to Louisa because he's invented a device that stabilises the Eros Element. He now has to recreate it for Cobb because he friends' happiness is now at risk.

In Boston, while Patrick stalls for time, Louisa is uncovering secrets from her past. Can they be careful enough to avoid possible heartache and even more importantly can they stop the powerful force that if unleashed will destroy the world

This was a book that contained lots of strands of the story being pulled together working towards the culmination of the events with Parnaby Cobb and the intrepid friends. It was a little slow to start with but as it got further into the story the action and events seemed to come faster and faster building up to a series of events. The writing was good and the events and emotions clear. The end of the book gave a hint of a possible continuation of the story.

View all my reviews

Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment