Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Monday 18 June 2018

Review: Black To Dust: A Quentin Black Paranormal Mystery by JC Andrijeski 5 of 5 stars

Black To Dust: A Quentin Black Paranormal Mystery Black To Dust: A Quentin Black Paranormal Mystery by JC Andrijeski
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Black is in the New Mexico desert to meet an old war friend who needs help solving the spate of murders and kidnappings affecting the reservation. But what at first seemed to be cut and dried soon turns into something much bigger which is being orchestrated by a banished shaman. So Black's plan to distract himself from his marriage problems is now some of his worst fears from his past. In order to crack what is going on he needs to persuade Miri to come out and join him, but then when she arrives it all starts going out of control faster and faster. Can they stop what is happening or will they be torn apart forever?

The story starts slow with Black being particularly miserable because of his brave attempt to give Miri the space to think about things, but it soon became more and more dramatic as events developed. I loved the way it involved people from all generations and that it tied it his old friends as well as some new players that I expect to see more of later in the series. I loved the linkage with the Bridge and Sword books and how it was all fitting nicely together like a jigsaw puzzle. It was well written and I could definitely feel and empathise with the thoughts and emotions of the characters. Looking forward to the next book in the series now.

Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment