Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Wednesday 6 June 2018

Review: Beginner's Luck: An Urban Fantasy Adventure by J.A. Cipriano 5 of 5 stars

Beginner's Luck: An Urban Fantasy Adventure Beginner's Luck: An Urban Fantasy Adventure by J.A. Cipriano
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Seth Wyatt lives in the secret magical city underneath Las Vegas. He has the skills to be very successful there - a great poker face, fast hands a magic tiger and a way with the ladies. He's finally able to enter the Four Skulls poker tournament for the magical prize. However he has a few problems - a dark elf who is sore that Seth won a powerful magical artefact from him and the winner of the tournament last year. So can Seth make it to the tournament as he's looking forward to a decent challenge.

I loved this story which was a great start to the series. Seth was a really interesting character who had a lot of skills not only in poker but in staying alive too. I loved the detailed descriptions of the people and their thoughts and emotions as so many dramatic things happened. There were some really interesting characters and I can't wait until I can read later books in the series so we find out what has happened to them. A great story that was very enjoyable.

Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment