Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Thursday 19 July 2018

Review: Bound to Gods by Eva Chase 5 of 5 stars

Bound to Gods Bound to Gods by Eva Chase
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Aria Watson had been brought back from the dead by four hot Norse gods to be their Valkyrie and having got used to her new powers they together with Freya suddenly find themselves trapped in a prison that looks like their home Valhalla but is fake. While trapped there, moments from their past are brought back and they have to live through those memories something that appears to be universally unpleasant. It is certainly an eye opener for them all to relive and understand the impact past behaviours have had on each other - even if often Aria seems to become an arbiter between them trying to stop the hurt and facilitate better relations between them. It meant that large parts of the book went deeper into the characters of each of them and understanding their motivations and the effect that actions can have on others. I think at the end of it I understood all of the characters much better and they all became better because of their emotional journey. Loki became more serious, Thor learnt a bit more diplomacy and that fighting all the time was not the solution, and I understood a lot more about Hod and Baldur and how they might be very different but there really were similarities between them as I would expect with them being twins. It was great to understand Freya better as before this she was very much on the sidelines. I think they also understood Aria better too and so it ended up with a test of trust in each other and whether they could accept, forgive and move on from their own traumas of the past. Well written, a pleasure to read such powerful character building and I can't wait to find out what happens next.

Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment