Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Thursday 19 July 2018

Review: New York: A Bridge & Sword Prequel by JC Andrijeski 5 of 5 stars

New York: A Bridge & Sword Prequel New York: A Bridge & Sword Prequel by JC Andrijeski
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Allie Taylor lives in a world with two races - humans and seers. These seers are enslaved by governments, corporations and the wealthy. They are psychic in nature and have a high sexuality. Allie is fascinated by these exotic beings even though she is never likely to ever meet one. Then her boyfriend's band has a gig in New York and seers are visible on the streets there. Whilst she is experiencing trouble with her boyfriend she observes seers being tasered, a terrorist attack and she seems to have a crazy stalker leaving her weird cryptic notes. She also finds that no matter where she is there is a tall black haired buy with the most amazing eyes. Then her trip becomes downright dangerous when a a strange religious cult that venerates seers targets her in a strange ritual which could prove fatal to her.

Wow – great story! I really enjoyed reading about this period before the Bridge and Sword World series started It certainly helped me understand some of what happens in the books and why certain things happen and why the main characters Allie and Revik behave the way they do. Everything was well written and made perfect sense. I could empathise with the characters and understand their feelings and motivations. If you have not read any of the stories in the series this is a perfect introduction.

Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment