Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Tuesday 10 July 2018

Review: Black On Black by J.C. Andrijeski 5 of 5 stars

Black On Black Black On Black by J.C. Andrijeski
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Psychic detective Quentin Black disappears leaving his partner and forensic psychologist Miri Fox alone in San Francisco as soon as they return from Bangkok. He gave no explanation and gave no clues as to what he is doing, just leaving her the equivalent of breadcrumbs and cryptic hints. Miri is able to feel him more and more every day both when she is awake and when she is asleep dreaming to the point that her life starts to spin out of control as she senses what Black is doing is starting to be out of his control. She can sense he is in danger, but he won't admit it and no one will listen to her when she tries to get help from his staff. She can sense this new job of his is becoming more like a gauntlet and a test proving his loyalty of both his race and the mysterious Lucky Lucifer who controls a seer cult in Europe. So Miri realises she has to save Black even if she has to cross some cultural lines changing her life forever.

Oh wow - this book was all action, drama, danger and one hell of a reveal of information at the end that was impossible to predict. Lots of references to events in the previous books and some cross over to the Bridge and Sword World books which you might pick up easier now the final book in that series has been published. I loved how Miri was the strong one for much of this and she was the one knowing what she wanted and was going out to make sure she got it. Well written and very enjoyable. I have to confess I was unable to stop reading this and might have stayed up very late because I couldn't bare to not know what happened next.

Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment