Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Sunday 1 July 2018

Review: The Gilded King by Josie Jaffrey5 of 5 stars

The Gilded King The Gilded King by Josie Jaffrey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The last city in the world is in the blue sector and it is not well. Julia is trapped in the city walls and she serves the nobility in the background until she meets Lucas (of of them) who believes in fairy-tales which unfortunately the environment Juila lives in does not allow - to her the blue is a prison - one she would gladly escape from into the red if it wasn't for the contamination and death that would await her in the red. However not everyone in the blue is human. Cameron is not human and is quickly losing whatever humanity he has left as he searches the red for the blue's lost queen. It appears the walls of the blue is likely to come down - however what side will the characters in this story decide to be on?

This is definitely the start of an epic tale of humans and supernaturals and the conflicts and politics involved in their civilisation. The world was described and painted in a clear and vivid picture such that I felt I could close my eyes and imagine I was there. I could definitely feel empathy for the main characters and the situations they found themselves in. The ending of this book was nice and dramatic to the point I now wonder what is gong to happen in the next book.

Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment