Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Monday 2 July 2018

Review: Immortal Kiss by Laura Daleo 3 of 5 stars

Immortal Kiss Immortal Kiss by Laura Daleo
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Behind this story is a history that is centuries old - powerful vampire gods were on the earth and they had no control over their lust for blood so in order to save mankind (who they needed to provide blood to them). However they recognised the weakness in their existence and so they selected 12 humans to transform with their blood and every fifth generation they would provide a person to drain dry in a form of "Blood Lottery". This has continued though the years and is still in operation today. Beth Ryan has always had the company of a mysterious mist as she grew up and when she meets 100 vampire Philippe Delon she finds herself drawn to him convinced he is the source of the mist. They instantly fall in love with each other and she quickly moves in which him and marries him. However she learns of the identity of the real person behind the mist and that she is linked to the blood lottery in a betrayal by a loved one. So she ends up in front of The Council asking for a resolution to this complication in her life.

It's taken me a while to get my head around how I view this book. I find myself conflicted - on the one side there is a love story which could be sweet ad very enjoyable, then there is a situation that makes me uncomfortable - the Vampire behind the mist and his love for her from when he saw her as a baby which appears to have converted into love for her as an adult (which feels sexual in manner) - I also think there is a part of story which is missing because without it the story feels a bit sick - then her behaviour which is more than a little naive and moves so fast to commit her to actions and love which feel more than a little rushed. On the plus side there was plenty of action, twists and turns to keep me interested and I did understand all of the aspects of the story.

Buy from Amazon (seems to only be available from AMAZON.COM )

No comments:

Post a Comment