Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Friday 6 July 2018

Review: Rocking Perfection by Cassandra Lawson 5 of 5 stars

Rocking Perfection Rocking Perfection by Cassandra Lawson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Cami has in the past tried to be the perfect girlfriend - concentrating only on his needs and losing herself and her identity in the way, so she has decided that is it - no more - if only she could get her ex to accept that things are really over. So she decides to make a deal with Xander (rock star and member of Reckless Release) if he pretends to be her new boyfriend she will teach him how to cook perfect waffles like she does. The plan seems to be simple - until he decides to change the rules!
Xander has wanted to be a rock star since forever and you would think he now has it all but his life is missing delicious waffles (I kid you not). After many attempts to get Cami to make her perfect waffles for him he has stopped only dreaming about waffles and is now also dreaming about her. So it was like a gift when she asked him to pretend to be her boyfriend he gets not only the waffles but maybe he can now persuade her to change her mind about dating men and give him a try too?

I loved this story which had some classic themes that were cleverly woven in such a way that it was only towards the end that everything became clear (you'll see this when you get there). I liked the way it slowly developed into something more meaningful than just protection paid for with cooking lessons. It was lovely to see something good happen for Xander and Cami after the traded comments and pleadings for waffles throughout the previous two books in the series. It helps to know the background but I think you could read this stand alone if you really wanted to although they are great books so not sure why you would not want to. It was well written and everything was very clear and easy to understand. It was a nice light read that I definitely found myself reading faster as I got more into the story between Xander, Cami, the rest of the band, and Cami's ex.

Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment