Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Friday 7 July 2017

Review: Worlds Away by J.L. Hendricks 5 of 5 stars

Worlds Away Worlds Away by J.L. Hendricks
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Paris became an orphan at a young age and ended up on the Los Angeles streets and not in the foster system. She was tough and doing well when one day she was spirited out of a field by aliens. Venay is a Commander in the V’Zenian Empire and his job is to abduct humans to become slaves or mates for the males of his species. When he saw Paris across the field he knew he just had to have her. So Paris has a complicated choice to make - become a slave or Venay's mate. Then a rival alien species causes their spaceship to crash on a planet and she has a new decision - think only of saving herself or work with Venay to save everyone from their spaceship by killing all the rival aliens who would treat the humans far worse.

What can I say - I LOVED this story. It had lots of emotions from both the humans and the V'Zenians who were not used to showing and expressing them. It was enjoyable to experience the slow realisation by Paris that they really were mates and she could fight it all the way but it was going to end the same way. The V'Zenians was quite enchanting the way they tried to see the humans as much more than slaves and could related and converse with them as colleagues and friends as they realised that the humans had skills that made them more useful than lowly slaves. Now I have to get the next book in the series so I can find out what happens next.

Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment