Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Wednesday 15 February 2017

Review: Dance: Cinderella Retold by Demelza Carlton 5 of 5 stars

Dance: Cinderella Retold Dance: Cinderella Retold by Demelza Carlton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Mai goes to war as boy (even though she is a woman) in order to avoid disgrace for her father's household and her witch stepmother. All she has with her are the armour she is wearing and her mother's red shoes. Prince Yi is the best swordsman in the land and has no interest in marriage, however his father demands he look for a wife after the current war is complete. Mai needs to both win the war and Yi's heart if she is to have happiness in the future.

This was a great story and retelling of Cinderella. It might be book 3 in a series BUT it can be read stand alone. It was well written and far enough away from the original that it kept interest and had surprises in the plot even though we all knew what the very end would be. It was very well written and I could definitely feel the emotions felt by the characters in the story.

View all my reviews

Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment