Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Sunday 5 February 2017

Review: Arjun's Diary - The Call to Battle by Umesh M. Sethi 3 of 5 stars

Arjun's Diary - The Call to Battle Arjun's Diary - The Call to Battle by Umesh M. Sethi
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I voluntarily reviewed this book and I have not been compensated in any way.

This book merges a story in the present day with an ancient story called the Mahabharata told from the viewpoint of Arjuna.

The present day story focuses on Sandhya who is an Indian woman working in IT who wants to live in the US where she currently works permanently. She is in India to attend a cousin's wedding and is trying to work out how to tell her parents about that decision as she knows they would prefer she lived in India and married. She is also trying to understand her old friend Raghav so they can catch up on old times.

The ancient story is told by a hermit that helps Raghav (friend of Sandhya, ex-army and bodyguard), GK Sethi the billionaire and his daughter who employed Raghav. They agree to hear his story in return for his help.

I found both stories pleasant on their own, I understood the event that meant that Raghav heard the ancient story, but I didn't really understand the connection between the two stories apart from the main characters that heard the ancient story being in the modern story in some way. It was pleasant to read and I enjoyed the ancient story but it ended there.

View all my reviews

Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment