Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Sunday 19 February 2017

Review: Shattering Glass by Connor Coyne 4 of 5 stars

Shattering Glass Shattering Glass by Connor Coyne
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I voluntarily reviewed this book and I have not been compensated in any way.

A billionaire funds a new university in the city of Arkaic, Michigan in what used to be a psychiatric hospital. There strange engines create electricity from memories from humans in the area. This story follows first year students Samo, Monty, Ezzie, and Dunya through not only the normal student obsessions at college, but they also battle ancient evil powers.

The writing was very good with lots of free flowing and detailed descriptions of the surroundings, people and events in the story. There was lots of drama and it wasn't always obvious what was going to happen or where it was going to go. The clubs that could be joined for extra-curricular activities had names that made me laugh out loud and some of their activities also added to that impression (not sure that the author intended for there to be that much humour in the book but it certainly amused me). I look forward to the next book in the series as there is more to say about the powers, the university and the students.

View all my reviews

Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment