Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Monday 6 February 2017

Review: Empire of Shadows by Sarah M. Cradit 4 of 5 stars

Empire of Shadows Empire of Shadows by Sarah M. Cradit
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I voluntarily reviewed this book and I have not been compensated in any way.

Many years ago there were 2 ancient races - one connected to fire, the other connected to nature. They lived in harmony and peace for centuries until the nature loving race was attacked and the fire loving ones turned their backs on them. The nature race when into hiding and have emerged in secret and are called the Quinlans. However the fire race split into two factions following the abandoning of the nature race - one side was happy to follow restrictive rules, the other wanted o restore the original values for their people. There is a prophesy promising hope and fixing the splits between and in both races and the Deschanel family are at the heart of that. They just need to sort out the roles, the different players and how to take it forward.

The book starts with Ana, Finn and Aidrik looking for a safe place for her to give birth and they end up at Finn's grandfather's house. They send Aleksandr to Ophelie to the safety of Nicholas and the rest of the family while they go with Aidrik to meet Aidrik to try and progress the case of the group that want to restore to the original values. Amelia and Jacob have travelled to Ireland to get answers on his Quinlan roots. Can all of the pieces of the puzzle move together into something whole that makes sense and will everyone stay safe?

I loved this book although I did get a bit lost in the middle as there were so many threads appearing and needing to be pulled together. It was definitely easy to pick up the emotions involved in the story and feel what the characters were experiencing. You have to have read the previous books before reading this one.

View all my reviews

Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment