Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Wednesday 22 February 2017

Review: Wyshea Shadows: Divided Draghons, Book 1 by Geoffrey C. Saign 5 of 5 stars

Wyshea Shadows: Divided Draghons, Book 1 Wyshea Shadows: Divided Draghons, Book 1 by Geoffrey C. Saign
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I voluntarily reviewed this book and I have not been compensated in any way.

This is the start of an epic fantasy book that centres around a world with several races who all seem to hate each other and are determined to kill each other. The story starts with three young women who are part of the hundred year war between the races and are pledged on killing each other. Famere is the Wyshea Butcher and is bent on vengeance with the help of her shadow mythical beasts, Jennelle is a human and a brilliant strategist who commands the Northern citadel and then Cametta is a Draghon who is determined to find and rescue her lover who was kidnapped. There are other groups of humans involved and an order of Wizards who may maintain that they are not involved and are above the conflicts. These three have to somehow work out who is their friend, who is their enemy, who has caused the dark skies and death mists, and if they have time after all of that if they have a chance at love.

This was a great epic story with lots of twists, turns dead ends and surprises. I liked the writing style and the detailed descriptions of the people, places and emotions being felt by all of the characters. It was lovely to have the centre of the story with strong females who were able to do what they felt was the right thing. This is the first book in the series but I think you could read it stand alone too.

View all my reviews

Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment