Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Thursday 26 October 2017

Review: The Complete Circuit Trilogy by Rhett C. Bruno 5 of 5 stars

The Complete Circuit Trilogy The Complete Circuit Trilogy by Rhett C. Bruno
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The Circuit is a string of colonies across the solar system where humans live mining resources. They are overseen by something called the New Earth Tribunal who are a religious sect who believe in something called the Spirit which they believe will one day welcome home to Earth humanity. However some random attacks are believed to come from the Ceresian sect in an attempt to challenge the Tribunal. Can a band of unlikely heroes challenge and save them all? Can the Tribunal's best spy, a Ceresian mercenary, an android and disgraced general save them from a conspiracy to bring down the Tribunal and change the Circuit forever? The trilogy contains:
Executor Rising
Progeny of Vale
Earthfall

Buckle up for this dramatic saga where you might think you know who the good and bad guys are, but then a change happens and you will start to doubt yourself and your judgement of character as everything changes as you read. There are twists and turns aplenty. It's told in such a clever way that it feels like you are reading a film script (and I think it should be turned into one). I loved the way the characters were developed and the “journey” they went through in their own self knowledge and personality as well as any journey they went through as part of the story. I've tried to think about who I find as my favourite character and I can't – I might have one in book 1, but by book 2 it has changed to someone else, so I guess I love them all although I have to admit to a soft spot for android ADIM who could help me so much with the practicalities in my own life. The finale of this trilogy was an explosive ending that had me so hooked that I stayed reading it even though I really should have been asleep. This as a story that has parallels with real life – there are politics, religion, technology, progress, artificial intelligence to name just a few.

Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment