Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Sunday 29 October 2017

Review: Losing Time by Nicola Claire 4 of 5 stars

Losing Time Losing Time by Nicola Claire
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Mimi Wylde (is a scientist with the nickname of Mouse) and her twin sister Carrie are on a holiday of a lifetime to get them out of their funk after their parents disappeared. However something bizarre happens when looking at a NASA installation and she suddenly has to find the kind of strength she never knew she had. Dr Jack Evans works as a Surgeon at the Royal Academy of Time Surgeons (RATS) where everything has a reason and consequence - even dreams. When sorting out an anomaly in the time waves he inadvertently picks up a woman from the past called Mimi Wylde and he knows that time must have been tampered with. Even worse he has been dreaming of her before he picked her up and she is everything he ever wanted. They both have to work together chasing down history and trying to fix the anomaly.

This is definitely a science fiction book so you will have to get your head around time travel and all the positives and negatives that it involves. Merged into this sci-fi story is a mystery, some danger and romance between Jack and Mimi. I found the doubt and the fighting of their attraction irritating at times and definitely had moments when I wanted to shake them. I really enjoyed the twist at the end of the story which set it up nicely for what will happen next in the story. Well written as always from Nicola

Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment