Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Tuesday 31 October 2017

Review: When Gargoyles Rise by Ashley C. Harris 4 of 5 stars

When Gargoyles Rise When Gargoyles Rise by Ashley C. Harris
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Rose is a Gargoyle and was born in 1544 and life was good until the Vampires arrived and a curse came with them. After a 500 year gap she awakes from her stone form in Washington DC and there are no more gargoyles as they are all in stone and distributed all over. The world is now ruled by the vampires. However there is some hope as Rose learns she has to convince the human Sean Noble to fall in love with her if they can survive high school together. She also discovers that Adamus the vampire prince who betrayed her in 1556 is around and so she needs to keep her identity secret from him. Can Rose do all those things at the same time without getting into hot water?

This is a story with lots of intrigue, twists and turns. You can't help but feel sorry for Rose and the situation she awakens in as well as be frustrated with Sean and some of his attitudes. The plot of the story was good and I really enjoyed it, but the ending of this book is very abrupt (so be prepared for it) so I really need to read the next one in the series to find out what happens next.

Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment