My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Denver, a Deaf drag performer, is dealing with a returning stalker, but this time a dangerous, magnetic stranger, Archie, steps in, knocks the stalker flat, kisses him breathless, and disappears. Soon Archie is everywhere Denver turns, hunting him with an intensity that feels like twisted affection and Denver realizes he might actually be into it. With the stalker still lurking, Denver leans into Archie’s dark, protective devotion, determined to fight for his own happily ever after.
I loved this story where the undeniable connection between Denver and Archie shines from the very beginning, and the threat from Denver’s stalker adds a great layer of suspense throughout. Archie is such a complex, fascinating character, with his autism, his fixation on coffins and funeral flowers, and that intense, protective devotion that makes him the perfect match for Denver. The introduction of Archie’s wider family was another highlight; they’re integral to the plot and add depth to the world around the two men. I also appreciated how Deaf characters were fully normalised, including the moments of prejudice that were handled with honesty rather than glossed over. The story is packed with emotion, easy to feel and understand, and there were definitely moments when I wanted to hug Denver and reassure him, even when I wasn’t sure everything would turn out okay. The suspense builds beautifully, and the final sections keep you right on the edge of your seat. I’m genuinely excited for the next book in the series. This was an MM story with mature content.
Buy from Amazon
No comments:
Post a Comment