Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Friday 30 March 2018

Review: Mirror Sacrifice: The Ardere Series Book 2 by Margo Ryerkerk 4 of 5 stars

Mirror Sacrifice: A YA Urban Fantasy Novel: The Ardere Series Book 2 Mirror Sacrifice: A YA Urban Fantasy Novel: The Ardere Series Book 2 by Margo Ryerkerk
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Sierra Reeves and Gavin McLoughlin travel together to London so that she can start training and he can work on a case. However life is not so simple as she has to deal with a snobbish crowd of elites while Gavin is becoming distant working on his case with his ex. The only positive in the situation is
Cooper who is always there for her helping with her training. She wonders if it can become something more but has to push it to the side as the Culpatus is back on the scene with some unexpected allies.

The book started well with the scene setting after the previous book and the journey to London. I did find the use of the surname Windsor a little cliche but that is a personal thing as an English person. The training was interesting and it was nice to experience the process of her coming into her skills and the knowledge that are needed going forward. As the story developed it went through a number of twists and turns some that could have been anticipated and some were definitely a complete surprise. I liked the build up at the end even though I might not have completely enjoyed the way some parts of the story ended. It was all well written and clear and easy to understand. Wondering how it is going to develop in the next book now.

Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment