My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Henri Boudreaux has never lived a clean, simple life. As the son of a criminal and Priest’s ex‑boyfriend, trouble follows him everywhere. But things get truly messy when he ends up in bed with Officer Craig Bailey — the very law he’s spent years dodging. Henri’s no good man, and Bailey is about to learn exactly how bad he can be.
This one missed the mark for me. While there was plenty of passion and physical intensity between Henri and Bailey, I felt the story didn’t balance it with enough talking, emotional exploration, or deeper connection. They never really unpacked their thoughts or feelings as they got closer, and by the end Bailey still didn’t know what Henri actually did for a living or the full truth about his connection to Priest. The suspense and chemistry were there, but I wanted more insight into who they were beneath all the heat. I’m really hoping the next book digs into those missing pieces and gives their relationship the depth it deserves. This was an MM story with mature content.
Buy from Amazon
No comments:
Post a Comment