Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Friday 9 December 2016

Review: Song of the Ancients by Sandy Wright 3 of 5 stars

Song of the Ancients (Ancient Magic #1)Song of the Ancients by Sandy  Wright
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book.
Samantha Danroe doesn't believe in magic but is about to have to believe in it and learn about it really fast before she is killed. Nicholas Orenda is a sixth-generation witch and is generally grumpy and terrified of being weak by loving someone. Nicholas takes on the task of teaching Sam about magic in order to try to keep her alive - the alternative is death for her and the gates of the Underworld are opened.

I'm in two minds about this book. In some ways it was written well, and in other ways it was mixed up and unclear. Sam is so confused and yet at the same time underhand about knowledge that I spent about half of the book just being very annoyed with her and wanting to give her a good slap and tell her to pull herself together. The descriptions of the spells, ceremonies etc were very good though.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment