Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Thursday 1 December 2016

Review: Mostly Murder: Till Death by Lawrence Block and JC Andrijeski 5 of 5 stars

Mostly Murder: Till Death Mostly Murder: Till Death by Lawrence Block
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.

I loved this collection of short stories - it was very enjoyable and a great taster of the various authors. I liked the Q&A with each of them so I got to know them more.

Nice Guys Finish Last - JC Andrijeski
Bobby came back from being in Asia with seemingly the perfect wife. However things are not right as objects start disappearing. No much he loves her, he is determined to find out the truth.
I loved this story. I had no idea what the real story was until the end, but I'm stil not sure if that is the real story or not.

Forsaking All Others - Chris Patchell
Mally and Jack Gardiner's tumultuous marriage is rocked after a home invasion.
I loved the twist on this. Great story.

Starter - Samuel Peralta
A couple visit a starter home and it inspires memories and ghosts of the past.
Not sure if I like this or not - it's clever but very short.

Pride - Eric J Gates
Marriage can end abruptly even if you have worked hard at it. This is the story of when FBI Senior Special Agent Thompson is so focused on solving a particular case near his retirement and what happens as a result.
I really liked this story - it was clever and it was all pulled together at the end when you finally understood what had happened.

Two Faces - H B Moore
Newlywed Vivian Wood discovers that her husband disappears every so often without explanation and she realises he might not be the man she thought she was marrying.
I loved this story. It was very original and iked the way the whole situation was handled by Vivian.

Loving Frankie - Patrick Fitzgerald
Faith's husband Frankie could be rough but he could also be gentle.
Lovely little story that you don't understand the full picture until the end.

In Sickness and in Murder - B A Spangler
Murders are revealed that appear to have been committed by the woman he loves - how far will he go to protect her?
Clever story building up to a time when he can no longer ignore what has happened.

Nun of Your Business - Jerilyn Dufresne
Sister Mary Jordan has a big problem - not only are her family a big Mafia family, but she discovers she already has a husband who is in another Mafia family. As you can imagine it is not an accepted thing in a convent. After thought she will escape the situation with the help of a series of lies, murder and chaos - not something you associate with a Nun.
This is a very clever story that could definitely be the start of a series - loved it.

The Long Haul - Josh Haynes
Mary had an affair a year ago but she receives a letter that threatens everything they worked for. Can they put the past behind them or will everything unravel?
I liked this story - it was clever and it was only at the end that you found out what had been going on.

All Secrets Lead to Lies - Anne Kelleher
Three detectives, 2 dead husbands and a love triangle. A tale of a prison, drugs, and a mystery to solve.
I liked this story and they way the layers of it built up. I was a little disappointed with the end as there was still a mystery left that hadn't been solved which needs to be covered (maybe in a later book?)

As Good as a Rest - Lawrence Black
A story of two couples on a holiday touring Europe and what happened.
Nice story with a twist in the middle and a twist at the end. Well written as always by Lawrence.

View all my reviews

Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment