Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Saturday 21 April 2018

Review: The Cult of Unicorns by Chrys Cymri 5 of 5 stars

The Cult of Unicorns The Cult of Unicorns by Chrys Cymri
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Penny White is a rural vicar in England who has only in recent months learned about the realm of Lloegyr in the parallel world of Daear where fantastical creatures from her imagination speak Welsh and live a Christian Life that she is a liaison to. However life is complicated - on the one side she has a connection to the dragon Raven who takes her out on exciting excursions, the on the other is the police Inspector Peter who is just as obsessed with Dr Who as she is. In the Lloegyr realm Unicorns are seen as the wise arbiters between the faces but when humans appear in Northampton with injuries like those you can imagine are caused by a long horn Penny has to get involved and investigate before it turns into something bigger.

Wow - this second instalment didn't disappoint as it contains as much excitement, drama and danger as the previous book did. I loved the little love triangle between Penny, Raven and Peter which almost felt like it was being settled at the end of this book but I feel it will completely change dynamic in the next story. I loved the descriptions of the various types of fantastical creatures, their environment and features which all combined to give me a clear picture in my mind of what and who where in the story. After the events of the previous book I just wanted to give her brother a hug and tell him that it would be alright. Can't wait to read the next book now.

Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment