Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Thursday 26 April 2018

Review: The Apollo Illusion by Shari Lopatin 4 of 5 stars

The Apollo Illusion The Apollo Illusion by Shari Lopatin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Flora is 19 and lives in the State of Apollo. She is being bullied daily and just dying with curiosity on what is behind the wall surrounding the State, after all everyone can read, send text messages, discuss motivations and philosophies, but questioning what is on The Other Side is not allowed. However she reveals a dark secret and finds herself in a complicated web of both truth and lies. She leaves a clue for her childhood best friend Andrew and hangs all her hopes on that bond coming through for her.

This was a story that was set in the future and is of the dystopian style genre mixed with some science fiction. The story plot was quite clever and was definitely easy to understand and I think relate it to the modern world with some parallels. Hidden in there was a story of 2 childhood friends who certainly love each other however are in denial so for the earlier parts of the story Andrew is a typical late teenage boy with all sorts of breast obsessions. The writing was clear and easy to understand and I could relate to the thoughts and emotions of the characters (most of the time). The way the story ended made me think it wasn't really the end, so don't be surprised if the author writes another book after this one.

Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment