Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Wednesday 3 August 2016

Review: Death in Neverland by Heather C. Myers 3 of 5 stars

Death in Neverland Death in Neverland by Heather C. Myers
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is a retelling of Peter Pan for adults. Remy Cutler has died but been sent back. It changes her outlook on life which means that when she has to enter into an arranged marriage she decides to avoid it at all costs. As part of this she almost dies again and ends up in Neverland. This book traces that journey and the various obstacles she has to cross. It is the first in a three part series so ends in a cliffhanger.

I enjoyed the style of writing and the clear descriptions of thoughts/feelings/happenings. However I really struggled with the story and the retelling of Peter Pan. Twice I almost gave in but I did manage to get to the end. I don't think I'll be reading the next two just because I didn't get on with the story.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment