Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Thursday 18 August 2016

Review: Broken Souls by Laurie Olerich 5 of 5 stars

Broken Souls Broken Souls by Laurie Olerich
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I received a copy of this book in return for a fair review.

Rori Austin is a psychic who is disturbed by dreams that are often the same dream over and over. She tries desperately to write it all down when she wakes but struggles to remember any of it. This leaves her feeling like a failure as she feels she should be able to save those in her dreams. Declan Manning is a Primani warrior who meets Rori by chance and feels he has to find out what is happening and help her no matter what she says.

This is a powerful story of a battle between good and evil over a soul. It has love, romance, jealousy, good, evil, demons, angels - it pretty much has the lot. If you can get your head around the movements between times (it is explained in the story) then it is a very enjoyable story. The writing makes you clearly see and feel all the emotions involved in the story. I particularly enjoyed the gentle drift from a protector/victim relationship into something more involved. I'm sure it seemed more obvious to us as readers that it did to the characters themselves.

Definitely recommended - I actually read the last chapter 3 times because I enjoyed it so much. I had high hopes for it and was not disappointed.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment