Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Friday 19 August 2016

Review: Shadow Born by Jasmine Walt and Rebecca Hamilton 4 of 5 stars

Shadow Born Shadow Born by Jasmine Walt
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Brooke is a Chicago based detective who has transferred to Salem to try and investigate the murder of her partner Tom who was also her fiance. She has a secret skill in her arsenal that she has kept secret - by touching things she can see what has happened there in the past. She hopes this skill will help her to find out what has happened. Unfortunately when she gets there, people either don't remember Tom or do everything they can to hide the truth. Just when she thought it was near impossible it got harder with several attempts on her life.

I enjoyed the book and as I got further into it I could feel myself getting deeper into the story. There is no denying the skill used in describing people, places and emotions. I did however find myself getting more than a little irritated with Brooke. She was so stubborn trying to do things herself and slow on the uptake at times. I find it hard to believe that someone who used to kill Vampires would find some of the concepts and characters she came across so hard to comprehend. I'm hoping she is less irritating next book in the series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment