Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Wednesday 21 September 2016

Review: Corsets & Crossbones by Heather C. Myers 5 of 5 stars

Corsets & Crossbones Corsets & Crossbones by Heather C. Myers
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Brooke Cunningham is the daughter of a wealthy merchant who is being pushed to meet suitable men in order to find a husband - something she finds tedious and boring. Captain Charlie Colt is a pirate with an eye for beauty and the charm to match it even though his first love is the sea. Brooke and Charlie develop an unlikely friendship based on mutual trust before they get into all sorts of scrapes over a treasure map. So will they avoid the gallows, avoid the others that are determined to find the treasure and more importantly will they remain friends even when others seek to separate them?

A lovely story of love against the odds mixed in with tales of the high seas and pirates. I really enjoyed this book and loved the way we all knew who loved who before they had figured it out themselves. Great writing with good descriptions of the people and life with complex emotions that I certainly could feel.

Definitely recommended.

View all my reviews

Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment