Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Monday 10 October 2016

Review: Red Magic: an Adult Dystopian Paranormal Romance: Sector 6 by JC Andrijeski 5 of 5 stars

Red Magic: an Adult Dystopian Paranormal Romance: Sector 6 Red Magic: an Adult Dystopian Paranormal Romance: Sector 6 by JC Andrijeski
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Maia is born to be successor to the Regent's throne, and the highest-ranked witch in the holy lands of District 6. However Maia is a hopelessly, terrible witch. She can't do magic at all, no matter how hard she tries. She is soon to be 21 and will have to be replaced as a successor to the throne (probably by being expected to commit suicide).

In an amazing coincidence she is taken to see a trapped warlock that morning during her walk through the market before classes. In return for his freedom he makes a deal with her that morning that he can tell her what she is a why she is unable to do magic but when he does that nothing in her life can ever be the same again.

A great story with lots of clearly described people, places and emotions. I could fee that I was there and could really empathise with Maia and what she was going through. A well written book that I can definitely recommend.

View all my reviews

Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment