Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Friday 28 October 2016

Review: The Dark Paradise Trilogy Box Set by Heather C. Myers 5 of 5 stars

The Dark Paradise Trilogy Box Set The Dark Paradise Trilogy Box Set by Heather C. Myers
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Awaken: Book 1 of The Dark Paradise Trilogy Book 1
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book is centred around the struggle between good and evil and the impending war between the two. The main three characters are all friends at school who are mixed in this war that is coming in different ways. In this book, two of the three have a love interest which might not work out as you would like (read it and you'll understand).

I found it a little weird when it went back a few times to tell the same part of the story from the other person's viewpoint, but overall I really enjoyed it and became addicted and ended up finishing it when I should have been doing something else. I'm looking forward to finding out what happens in book two - I need to know how some things have worked out and what happens next

Catalyst: Book 2 of The Dark Paradise Trilogy
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Andie Shepard has moved on from all the rumours and innuendo about her and the CEO (Jack) of her previous internship and is now doing an internship at another employer. However her new boss is illegally funding an act that could be detrimental to Black Wing so she needs to encounter Jack sooner than she would want.

Also Keirah has disappeared again and Noir has escaped - Andie suspects they are together but has no idea if she went willingly with him or not.

There seems to be a battle building and Andie seems to be in the middle of it all.

You need to read the first book in this series before reading this one. I thought this built onto the story very well and felt that I understood the characters a lot better by the end of this book. Definitely recommended.

Sacrifice: Book 3 of The Dark Paradise Trilogy
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Keirah shows up at Andie's doorstep, asking Jack for help to find Noir. However at the same time Jack's new business partner (who is also his former romantic partner) is involving herself in the animal shelter, yet insists on Jack being there too, Reese then drops a bombshell on Andie, and the DA is doing everything he can to put the Black Wing in prison.

This book draws the whole story together and works towards a conclusion. There are so many things going on at the same time it all gets a little crazy hence my 4 rating for this book. As always it is well written and everything is clear bu as the action picks up I almost got lost in all the streams of story that were being pulled together.

View all my reviews

Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment