Mastodon

Featured post

FREE AUDIO BOOK - Bring Her Wolf by Michelle Fox

I’m a wolf with a problem: It’s my birthday and I can't shift. If my wolf doesn't come soon, pack law demands I leave the only home ...

Wednesday 26 October 2016

Review: Dark Elements (Sector Eight) by L.J. Swallow 5 of 5 stars

Dark Elements (Sector Eight) Dark Elements (Sector Eight) by L.J. Swallow
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Set in the future, this is the story of sector eight where the Regent who maintains the shield to keep the Ravagers out is inherited along the male line of a family of powerful witches. In this case there are two brothers - Mattias is the eldest and very peaceful and Alaric is the youngest and very cruel and sadistic. Bizarrely Alaric is the Regent as his personality was more pleasing to their father.

Cora is a human Scion and her fate is to be married to a witch, but she is not prepared to surrender to her fate as she knows that if she was to be married to the Regent she would die within a year or in childbirth. She wants to escape and make her own life.

She meets Ty (Mattias) before she knows who he is and starts to have an attraction to him. Unfortunately when Alaric realises this he chooses her as his wife. Now she is caught between the two and her drive and fight may be the only things that can save her.

I loved this book. It contained lots of intrigue and surprises as the story unfolds and the battle between the three main characters. It is very well written and I could feel myself being caught up in the story and the drama.

View all my reviews

Buy from Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment